Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Teachers Day..

Blogathon- count down # 26

September 5- is celebrated as teachers day in India, respecting the 2nd  president of India, Dr.S.Radhakrishnan. He was born on 5th september 1888. He was a very good teacher, educational philosopher and a great leader.
       There is a sloka, "Matha, pitha, guru, daivam" (Meaning- Mother, father, and teacher are the same as God).  But now, in the digital era, this has got some change. The new version- "Matha ,pitha, google'o daivam" ( teacher replaced by google). The attitude of students towards their teachers got changed. It is true that, in the current situation, most of the young generation students don't value their teachers or even their parents much. Then how comes the question of equating them to God?. I am not saying, every body is like that, but the things are not like when we were students.
   Any way, I hope, they will understand the meaning of a 'Guru', and there will be a change in the attitude...
   
In this teachers day, I want to wish all my teachers, who taught me in each and every classes, a very very "Happy teachers Day".


Now me also a teacher. Today, my students wished me "happy teachers day" as a chorus. It was nice to hear them together in a 'sing-a-song' tone. They have arranged a 'cake cutting', at the restaurant. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend that. Some of my previous students messaged and called to wish me.  I am really happy for all these...

  I  want to wish my colleagues also, on "our Day"..






  I am remembering my Aasan (teacher-who taught me first  letters). his name was 'Krishnan'. He has taught my father too.. when I was very little, and starting my letters, he used to come daily to my home. He taught me to write in sand spread on a plate. He gave me letters written on 'Thaliyolas' (instead of paper, he used the leaf of some kind of tree on which, the letters are scribbled). He used to bring chalks(that was very rare and precious thing for me), as a gift, when I finish the day's lesson very well. But, as we had to move on to some other place and live there, I couldn't finish studying all the lessons. It was my mother who taught me the rest. I want to thank my Aasan , my Dad and my Mom for everything what I am now...

   I need to wind up now, actually there are some more things to say, but it is very late, and I need to post before the day ends.. so, See you then....



Sikha

3 comments:

  1. Teachers play a very important role in our lives...they are actually the potters who mould us from wet clay to the confident persons we become when we grow up...

    Lovely post...Happy Teachers day to you too dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right my dear..Teachers play a very important role in our life.
    Glad to hear, you liked it..

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is like everything i was ever looking for.. "but the things are not like when we were students" how true.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment here..