Monday, July 30, 2012

An unexpected meeting



          Meetings.. Some can be preplanned, and  some can be accidental or unexpected. In the latter case , a meeting can be  a pleasant one, something that can makes us happy or an unpleasant one, that may make us feel bad or disturbed. Some days before I had a meeting like that. An unexpected one. But the thing is that, I can’t say whether it was a pleasant or unpleasant one. Yeah, there are some situations like this....
          I had met one of my friend on that day. Actually, she was my best friend some years ago. I have already told you about our relation. We were like having two bodies physically and a single soul. We were that much close to each other. We loved each other so..  much. But, one day that happened. There had a break-up. And we stopped talking, and contacting each other. That was an agreement that, we  both don’t have to message or make a call. Because, we know, the broken relations can’t be patched up completely. And we don’t need our relation incomplete..without the essence which it had in those days. That is why I have described it as ‘a wound not healed yet’..
          So, I am coming back to that day, when we met last. I was just crossing the road to wait for my college bus with my sister. It’s my sister who pointed out my friend, and said ‘ Look, that chechi is standing there’. When I saw her, what I felt was.. no..I don’t think, I can explain it..But, until that day, all I feared was this .. like, ‘if I came to see her  face to face, what will I do?, and how will I mangae that..?”. and, that already happened...
          When I reached the bus stop, I couldn’t resist myself looking her. Yes, she was also looking towards me. It was she who spoke first .“when will your bus come?” , and I answered her. How simple!!. And like this, we started our conversation, and said good bye, when I was about to leave. During the travel also, I found myself thinking about her; our sudden meeting; how we managed to talk to each other; and I also thought about the days we were together, for everything, with hand in hand; and all the wonderful things we used to share and talked about...
          When I returned back my home at evening, I thought about her again. How we managed to talk. Actually, I was wondering, why I was not at all disturbed; and how I could behave as normal?; and how I could forget that quarrel we had made? The words  which can’t be taken back that we both had spelled out??.. I couldn’t understand.. I think, it’s because of the love and affection we had once, we couldn’t behave as strangers. It’s sure that, our relation can’t have a go back ; but, I am sure, still we both have some place for each other in our hearts. May be it’s true that, we can never hate a person completely whom we loved a lot once upon a time.. And I can feel my heart becoming some more relaxed. A feeling of lightness...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sikha.. This was soo touching and beautifully narrated. The emotions, the feeling it was simply superb!

    I also have stopped talking to my best friend after some arguments. And it has been 6-8 months to it. I also hope I feel the same if I actually bump into her soon.

    Though I don't miss her maybe because she hurt me very badly before breaking the friendship and that wound still hurts. I can truly understand when you say A wound which has not yet healed.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment here..